• Innervates solely the pectoralis major (clavicular head) muscle.
• Originates from roots C5, C6, C7.
Physical examination of the lateral pectoral nerve includes the motor examination of the pectoralis major muscle. The lateral pectoral nerve primarily innervates the clavicular head of the pectoralis major and could provide a small contribution to the sternocostal head.
Detailed Examination Links:
Summarized Examination: Coming Soon
Pathological Findings: Coming Soon
Clinical Relevance: Coming Soon
• Roots: C5, C6, C7.
• Nerve: Lateral pectoral nerve.
• Muscles Innervated: Pectoralis major.
• Innervation Route: C5, C6, C7 → lateral cord → lateral pectoral nerve → pectoralis major.