• Innervates the levator scapulae, rhomboid major, and rhomboid minor muscles.
• Originates from root C4, C5.
Physical examination of the dorsal scapular nerve includes motor examination of the levator scapulae and rhomboid major and minor muscles.
Detailed Examination Links:
Rhomboid major and minor
• Roots: C4, C5.
• Nerve: Dorsal scapular nerve.
• Muscles Innervated: Levator scapulae, rhomboid major, rhomboid minor.
• Innervation Route:
• C4, C5 → dorsal scapular nerve → rhomboid major and minor
• C4, C5 → dorsal scapular nerve → levator scapulae.